IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR OUR RESIDENTS
This Could Be You Volunteer Today!
- We are sorry we no longer offer pool filling service, however, our fire company neighbors at Kimberton Fire Company does. Please contact Kimberton Fire Company for more information.
- If you need information about the fire company for insurance purposes, we have two engines, a tanker and brush piece for fire protection. The engines both hold 750 gallons of water while the tanker holds 4,000 gallons. As for fire hydrants, a lot of our district does NOT have hydrants. In non hydrant areas, additional tankers from our surrounding stations would be summoned to provide water. If you live in a new subdivision, then you would have fire hydrants in the development. None of East Nantmeal has any hydrants and only portions of Upper Uwchlan and West Vincent has them. If you need to know how far you are to the fire company, then map quest your home to our address. We also have an ISO rating of 5/5Y for hydrant/non hydrant areas, per ISO current rating in August 2014 for west vincent twp residents only. This year (2013) ISO is reevaluating the township numbers. Once they are complete, we will post if there are any changes
- If you are a resident and are having a controlled burn on your property you must contact the fire board at 610-933-8966 and advise them of such. Please do not call the firehouse and leave a message. Also please check the open burning link on our site for safety tips and requirements.
- If you have a birthday party request please contact the firehouse. We do not have the capability to host a birthday party, however, we will make every effort to come out to yours. If you are a brownie troop leader, cub scout leader, moms club or any other organization that would like to schedule a fire house visit, please email Deputy Chief Jeff Kimes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ludwig's Corner Fire Company services portions of West Vincent, Upper Uwchlan and East Nantmeal Townships. The other fire companies that serve the rest of these townships are:
Upper Uwchlan: Lionville Fire Company, Glenmoore Fire Company, East Brandywine Fire Company
East Nantmeal: Glenmoore Fire Company, Twin Valley Fire Company
West Vincent: Kimberton Fire Company, Ridge Fire Company.
If you live in one of these townships, and we are NOT your provider, please check the above list for the other companies that may service your home. If you are not sure, send us an email and we would be glad to let you know.
Please remember, we are an all volunteer organization. If you call the firehouse and leave a message, it may take several days for someone to return your call. We strongly recommend you contact us via email for a quicker response to your question.
Thank you to our residents and business owners in the community for your continued support. The LCFC strives on donations and thank you to those that donate regularly.
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED--The LCFC needs more volunteers to add to our firefighting crew. No experience is necessary. The training is all paid for and all the equipment is provided free of charge to members. The member is required to attend a firefighter class and some others to be considered qualified, all on our dime. The only criteria to apply for active firefighter membership is you must pass criminal background check and must reside or work within the fire district boundary of the LCFC.
The LCFC also has a junior firefighter program. This is offered to members as young as 14. Young members are permitted to train and participate in certain activities, in accordance with child labor laws. As in any organization, the young people are the future of the department and encouraged to get involved. All members under the age of 18 require valid working papers.
Senior members are those 18 years of age or older. If you are interested in fighting all types of fires, helping with vehicle rescue incidents, or directing traffic with the fire police then stop by Monday nights at 7PM and speak with the fire chief and obtain an application.
If your not interested in fighting fires, and rather look into something else, stop by and talk with the Chief about other areas you could help out in.